Thursday, July 21, 2011

What an interesting day today has turned out to be.

Ah, my dear internets. What an eventful day today has been.
 It started with a trip the dentist. Well, oral surgeon, technically. In any case, the man who made hurty holes in my mouth where my wisdom teeth used to be. Today was my checkup, to which I'm glad to report I am doing dandy. All is healing up as planned and such. And then I went home.

 Now, dearies, my current living situations have always been temporary. I'm living with my best friend of six years, Diamond. Diamond is still living with her mother, who is, in her words "The kind of person who makes you think 'Okaaaayyyy........?"". She's prone to screaming at Diamond for hours for no particular reason, playing one scene of her movie on loop, while simultaneously playing her stereo as loud as it can go, and obsessively cleaning the house (whether the room has been dirtied in the slightest or not). She is definitely some kind of strange.
 Today she decided she needed to "talk to" Diamond, which escalated into her screaming about how selfish and manipulative Diamond is and how anyone who says otherwise is a liar, which escalated into how Diamond and I have to get out of her *profanity profanity profanity* house. So Diamond and I spent the day looking for apartments we could viably move into.

 Now, we've been staying in the same room for a while now, and two-bedroom apartments aren't much more expensive than one-bedrooms. So, if we were to find a third roommate, rent would be down to an affordable level (around 250 per person per month, since I don't have a job yet and can't contribute to rent). Luckily, we found someone almost immediately who had a full-time job and wanted to move out. It was a friend of ours, and during the course of the day, we solidified our plans and started talking about the things we'd need in the new apartment. This evening, he went home to tell his mom about his choice to move out. Two minutes later, he completely backed out, and was pretty rude about it, too. And then he got offended when our facebook search for someone else made him sound unreliable. He got a piece of my mind about that, too.

 We've found someone else now, and it's looking like she'll be more reliable (and she's making her own decisions for herself), so we should be moved out by next week.
 And tomorrow morning I'm picking Colin to help me get the couch into my vehicle, that Diamond and I are purchasing off of Ye Olde Craigslist!
 Also, on Friday, Diamond, Colin, and I are having a Lord of the Rings marathon ;p Extended editions.

 So this was MY day! A bit crazy. And I apologize for all my posts being about my life. BUT! I will have some posts about crafties or snacks when I'm a bit more settled in. Promise!

   Talk to you all later!
          Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment