Sunday, March 4, 2012

Growing Up- Embracing Your Contradictions

Hey there, audience. It seems like a billion years since I've last written. So, a quick update on your dear blogmistress.
I'm in a good place in my life and in my head. I'm in a new relationship, and having a ton of fun, and I've been exploring a lot of facets of who I am that had, for a while, been subverted.
Which brings me to contradictions.

Many of us are, in our deepest selves, contradictory. We can hold beliefs and feelings that have completely opposite stances.
People love to categorize. We like to be able to slap a label on things, and file them in our brains. This leads us to feel like we have to pick one quality or another, one belief or another. I've recently seen the benefits of accepting these contradictions, instead of trying to make a choice. Maybe I don't have to pick between cynicism and optimism. Maybe I can have both a lack of, and copious amounts of, faith in humanity. Perhaps part of growing up is accepting the parts of ourselves that make no sense.
These are the thoughts that have been scrambling around my head lately, and I thought it was about time to share.
Until next time, my dears!
Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment